Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Made it to hump day....

So, it's Wednesday and I haven't posted this week yet. Fail on my part. I've been pooped! The workouts all week have been a real kick in the pants! Monday was hard, but I don't really remember it right now. Yesterday was SO painful! It's one we do every 6 weeks and in those 6 weeks between I manage to forget how much it sucks until I'm working my way back through it again. Errrrr! It looks so easy- Descending reps from 15-2 of dumbbell lunges, medicine ball slams and pull-ups. Not fun! 119 lunges, pull ups and medicine ball slams later my legs were like jello and my booty was cramping! My legs and booty were SO sore today and today's workout was no walk in the park either. We did a AMRAP workout for 20 minutes and it had something we hadn't done before in it- Push Press complex. I never like when I see something new- it's usually some new terrible thing. This was a hang clean to 5 push presses following by 5 barbell rows and 5 barbell roll outs and that counts as 1 set. Ouch. Add some running, jump rope, farmers walk, plank and there you have our workout. Definitely got the heart racing  to say the least! Feeling pretty tired, but good. Tomorrow is a big night with the triple threat. Looking forward to yoga calming me down and getting my head clear. Gotta keep working hard for this bikini ready body! Summer is creeping up quickly! Ahhhhhhhh ;-)

No comments: