Monday, April 9, 2012

Post holiday workouts are always fun...

So here I am......last Monday in the gym before I hit the beaches and jungles of Costa Rica. Yesterday being Easter didn't exactly help my cause to be deliciously bikini ready by Friday. Good news----> I only ate 2 meals yesterday- breakfast (Homemade 2 egg, pesto, feta and spinach omelet) and lunch- everything under the roof of my sisters house :-/ Okay, I wasn't THAT bad but I did go a little bat shit crazy on this bruschetta dip stuff- So freakin good! Besides that I ate some quiche (sp?) and of course a piece of chocolate mousse pie...ooooohhhhh and some jelly beans. What's Easter w/o some jelly beans, right? So, yeah, wasn't on my eating A game yesterday. I didn't drink one alcoholic beverage this weekend so I guess some of the calories I consumed in yesterday's debacle would have normally been drank so props to me...kinda ;-)


Alright, to today's workout madness. He tends to up the ante on cardio days post holiday. Good for my body yes, but not so good for my pre workout anxiety levels. Please see below.


Daily Challenge: "7th Circle"


Format: Rep Circuit
Sandbag/MB Lunges, 50
Pushup, 50
Sit-Ups, 50
Pull-Ups, 25
Jump Rope, 2 min.
50m Farmer's Walk, 3
Pull-Ups, 25
Pittsburghs, 3 (Sprints around the parking lot- oh what fun!)

Was this a long workout? No a mere +-22 minutes, but was it a toughie? Sure was! Really got the heart rate up and noodle arms feeling worthless! BUT, now that it's over per usual I feel great and pretty sure I'm going to get a solid nights sleep since my body is exhausted. Only can make it to the gym at max 2 more times this week so going to have to hit it hard. Getting back in the swing of things post vacay will be a doozie, but can't wait to enjoy Costa Rica feeling pretty gosh darn good about my body! Wooo weeeee!! ;-) 

No comments: