Thursday, April 5, 2012

Deadlift goal= conquered!

The main goal that I wanted to achieve before I left for my trip strength wise was to deadlift 200lbs! The main goal prior to my trip in general was obviously to look as good as possible ;-) Anyways, back to the point of this post. Since I'm only in the gym at most 3 days next week I knew I had to try and achieve my deadlift goal this week since I'm not sure when they're going to come up next. When started going to this gym in November A. I had no idea what a 'deadlift' was B. I hated and had no desire to do them and C. I was only lifting 55lbs. So, what has changed 5 months later? Deadlifts are my FAVORITE lift (hands down), I know what they are (Ha!) AND as of this evening at 5:45pm I can deadlift 205lbs!! Woooo weeeee!!!! 


SO freakin pumped! If you would have asked me 6 months ago if I EVER thought I was going to be able to deadlift anything I can assure you the answer would have been 'Hell No!' (Nor would I have ever thought I would want to) And look at me now! SO proud and so excited to be able to do this. Can't wait to see how much more I can improve. Going to have to come up with a new goal to reach post Costa Rica. All of this hard work that I've been doing is paying off and I'm reaping the benefits not only physically, but in other aspects in my life as well. #Grateful 

No comments: