Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cardio circuit created to KILL!

Missed the gym yesterday which meant I had to go today regardless of the workout so I can get in at least 4 days this week. Checked the workout around 7am and decided I didn't think it looked fun- at all. Took a peak at the outdoor challenge which looked just as cardiorific-bleh! So, it looked like I had no choice but to prep for hell! All day long I had intense pre-workout anxiety. I typically get that about once a week, but usually it's just a little knot in my tummy. Today it was full blown. 

Showed up a few minutes early ready to get it done! Others didn't think it looked 'too bad' and tried to soothe my fears. Just so you know those 'others' were the ones who looked just as close to death as I did by the end of the workout. It was HARD! Like, barely breathing, heart pumping, sweaty mess disaster, workout til you're ugly hard. Just like I expected, but damn did I feel good at the end. That my friends, is why working out kicks ass. THAT very feeling you get post workout when you know you just pushed yourself to a place you didn't think you could go- BOOM! Below is the workout. Then, below that is a picture of me from this weekend during my 'check in'. Down about 7 inches total, 3 months in and leaned out quite a bit. Trip is just around the corner and feeling pretty damn good! #hardworkspayingoff


Daily Challenge: "Abyss"


Format: Timed Mini-Circuits

Station 1: 5 Minutes
Curl & Press
Box Jumps
Slingshots

Station 2: 5 Minutes
Row Sprint
Side Lunges
Plank Knees

Station 3: 5 Minutes
Burpees
Bag Squats
DB Row

Station 4: 5 Minutes
Jog/Sprint
Jump Rope
Push-Ups





No comments: