Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2 weeks off followed by 2 workouts from hell- ouch!

I'm back! My Costa Rican adventure was everything I hoped it would be! Tons or eating, drinking, relaxing, trying new things and good friends. I worked so hard prior to this trip that I told myself I would do whatever I wanted during it. What does 'whatever I want' consist of you might ask? Drinking everyday, eating whatever I please, and not doing one thing in regards to working out. I worked for this vacay so I was going to live it up!!! And that my friends I did.

Yesterday was my first day back in the after 2 full weeks off. It. Was. Rough. Deadlifts are my FAVORITE so I was excited, but scared to go. Just before my trip I PR'd and did 205#'s. I was PUMPED! Having been worthless for 2 weeks I was scared as to what my strength had dwindled down to. One of my friends from the gym sent me a note saying she was excited I was going to be back in the gym to be her partner so that was a nice bit of motivation. The workout was all around a killer! Due to the motivation my partner gave to me I was able to lift 195#'s x 4. Not my best,  but better then I expected after my poo behavior he past 2 weeks! Success.

Today on the other hand- BLEW! Both Medicine ball turkish get ups AND something called a 'humbler' were part of the workout. I have never done nor heard of this 'humbler' before and anytime that is the care I'm terrified! Definition of a 'humbler'- start w/ 1 barbell in each hand, drop to the ground and pop out to push up position, complete 1 push up, 2 renegade rows (1/s), jump back into squat position, stand up and do a curl, drop down to squat and push press over your head. THAT is one and you had to do it 5 times through. It. Was. HELL! I almost cried. I guess this was punishment for taking 2 weeks off. Typically our workouts are about 20-25 minutes and this one was more like 31- Ahhhhhh!! The running seemed like the easy part of this little gem. Good news is I've already completed 3 workouts this week and I'm very sore and tired, but feeling good to be back in the gym. I missed that place! 4 months from tomorrow is my next goal! Be in the BEST shape of my life both physically and mentally for the dirty thirty! Let's do this! :-)

No comments: